- This event has passed.
Webinar: Urban and Peri-Urban Agriculture
January 21 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm UTC+1
What role does urban and peri-urban agriculture play in city food systems in the context of COVID and climate change?
January 21st . 12pm CET
The majority of the world’s population lives in cities, reaching 65% in 2050. Providing ready access to healthy fresh food, bringing communities together, and educating urban populations about the food system are amongst the drivers for urban and peri-urban agriculture in many cities throughout the world. This webinar will explore how this has developed as part of strategic city-wide approaches to the food system, and will ask whether this activity is more or less important and practical in the context of current crises including COVID and climate change.
- Christian Bugge Henriksen, FoodSHIFT2030 Project coordinator, University of Copenhagen
- Elsa Chiffard-Carricaburu & Hugues Fortuna, Ville d’Avignon, FoodSHIFT 2030 Lab Avignon
- Sally Bourdon, FabLab, IAAC, FoodSHIFT 2030 Lab Barcelona
- Bjorn Low, Executive Director at Edible Garden City, Singapore
- Ben Reynolds, Deputy CEO at Sustain (chair)
- Rasmus Bjerngaard, Co-Founder CEO at Nextfood