Webinar: Urban and Peri-Urban Agriculture21 January 2021
FoodSHIFT 2030 Public Webinar, January 21st at 12pm CET
What role does urban and peri-urban agriculture play in city food systems in the context of COVID and climate change?
The majority of the world’s population lives in cities, reaching 65% in 2050. Providing ready access to healthy fresh food, bringing communities together, and educating urban populations about the food system are amongst the drivers for urban and peri-urban agriculture in many cities throughout the world. This webinar will explore how this has developed as part of strategic city-wide approaches to the food system, and will ask whether this activity is more or less important and practical in the context of current crises including COVID and climate change.
- Christian Bugge Henriksen, FoodSHIFT2030 Project coordinator, University of Copenhagen
- Elsa Chiffard-Carricaburu, Ville d’Avignon, FoodSHIFT Lab Avignon
- FabLab, IAAC, FoodSHIFT Lab Barcelona
- Bjorn Low, Executive Director at Edible Garden City, Singapore
- Ben Reynolds, Deputy CEO at Sustain: the alliance for better food and farming (chair)