Leader of the Food Tech 3.0 FoodSHIFT Accelerator Lab in Barcelona.
Sally is an action researcher on communities and food systems at Fab Lab Barcelona. As Lab Leader, she works to ensure that the new generation of food technology supports food system change by centering concepts of equity, holistic sustainability, and open, ecosystemic and citizen-centered design in the Food Tech 3.0 community. Food Tech 3.0 is currently running an acceleration program for 10 local initiatives.
Between 2020 and 2021, Sally hosted and participated in a variety of talks, webinars, and workshops uniting food, tech and community:
- “Shifting Food: the Food Tech we need now,” a get-together for 50 disruptors in the Food Tech community
- Presenter during the “Fab Labs & Citizen-Centered Tools for Productive Cities” at Fab City Global conference
- Host of the Food Tech 3.0 online launch (500+ participants)
- Community engagement training for the CIRCLE project
- FoodSHIFT 2030’s “Urban & Peri-Urban Agriculture” webinar (300+ participants)
- Panelist in “Community Women & Recipes for Change,” a talk in the Empowering Women series by the Social Gastronomy Movement.
- Coming up: Speaker at the Stakeholder Innovation Conference in October 2021, part of the Barcelona World Sustainable Food Capital for 2021